Friday 27 December 2013

God Never Goes on Break!


Christmas day itself may have come and gone but most of us are still in holiday mode. I woke up yesterday morning and just lounged in bed till 9am, what bliss! Then after having breakfast and a bit of chit-chat, I was off straight to bed again. I call it luxury time…lol. I’m sure a number of us had some time to rest just as well.

But wait, can you imagine what would happen if God was ever to go on break? Let’s say He decides to rest and says to the angels “I’m not taking any prayer requests today. Please hold all requests till I get back from my well-deserved rest”. What a joke! But there are times we have actually felt God went on a break and left us hanging. We cried, we prayed, we asked and yet we thought there was no answer.

My task is simple today. I’m here to remind us – GOD NEVER HAS A HOLIDAY MODE. He doesn’t go on break and leave His children stranded, not even because of Christmas!

So while in this holiday season dear Friend, do not go on break from God as well. Keep your praise on, keep your prayers up, keep your hope alive, keep your faith active. Because God never goes on break!

P.S: I think it is worthy of note that God has been saying same thing in this season through different people. Someone needs to just defy what is seen and hold on to hope unseen. God never fails.

Shalom

Deuteronomy 31:6 - Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

Isaiah 49:15 - “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast and have no compassion on the child she has borne? Though she may forget, I will not forget you! 16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 - 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.


Romans 12:12 - Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer
Prayer: Faithful Father! Thank you for never going on break.
 
By Deby Okoh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...