Tuesday 9 September 2014

SELF CONFIDENCE

It is told, that there was a broadcaster, who worked all his life in the radio station, he was well-known and famous. And all of his friends and colleges knew him by one feature: if he’s on-air, he is always wearing a suit and a tie.
They laughed at him: ‘No one ever sees you, why do you dress like that?’, but he always turned that into a joke.
And one day, he was invited to appear on the TV. There was a show dedicated to oldest radio employees.
For the first time, the people, who only knew him by his voice, will see him. Before the recording of the show, the director came to the broadcaster:
- Usually, you are never late, but today you arrived 10 minutes late. It’s not horrible, but I’m still interested, why?
- You see, - the broadcaster answered, - at the last moment when I was already dressed up, I noticed that I don’t have new socks.
For the first time I was invited to the television, and I thought, to simply be in clean socks – is not enough. I need to be in new socks. So I needed to go by the store for socks.
- But why do you need new socks? – The director was surprised.
- You could have come without the socks because we will only film you in close-up, over the waist.
- You see, to be spotless in the frame or on-air, I need to feel myself spotless in everything, starting with the linen and finishing with the pen in my pocket. And if my socks have holes in them, or my shoes are dirty, I’m not spotless anymore.
Reflection:
Let's be spotless in our field of endeavour, whether seen or unseen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...