Monday 26 January 2015

DON'T BE DISCOURAGED

Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; for I shall yet praise Him, the help of my countenance and my God. Psalm 42:11
As human beings, we all have our moments of discouragement and doubt. It is not unusual for even the most spiritual people to have their days of doubt.
Moses, that great prophet of God, on one occasion at least, was overwhelmed by his circumstances.
After he had witnessed the consistent disobedience and murmuring of the children of Israel, he was grieved in his spirit and said to God, "I'm fed up. Just kill me. I don't want to deal with this stubborn people another day."
The prophet Elijah, after his contest with the prophets of Baal on Mt. Carmel, heard that Jezebel was seeking to take his life. He was so overwhelmed by his circumstances, so discouraged, so uncertain, and so filled with doubt that he said to God, "Take my life."
Jeremiah, the great prophet, faced it as well. He was ridiculed and harassed for giving out the Word of God. Because he was tired of the pressure he was facing, it made him want to stop giving out God's Word altogether.
He said, "The word of the Lord has brought me a reproach and a derision daily. Then I said, 'I will not make mention of Him, nor speak anymore in His name' " (Jer 20:8-9).
Even the great apostle Paul had moments when he was discouraged. He wrote to the church at Corinth, "We were burdened beyond measure, above strength, so that we despaired even of life" (2 Corinthians 1:8).
It is comforting to know that even the great prophets and apostles of God also got discouraged sometimes. So don't give up. It is in your moment of weakness that power of God is made perfect in you.
Prayer: Father, I ask for strength to overcome discouragement and despair.
Scriptural Reading: Psalm 42:1-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...