Thursday 21 May 2015

“ Delay Does Not Mean Denial"

Hi Beloveds long time, 2015 is the season of abundant blessings, favor, and decreeing visions. I’m not one to have a braggadocios spirit; but God has been so good to me and I have to share it with someone. I’ve just completed my graduate degree a few days ago and I am now preparing to marry my best friend.

We women all love the story of Ruth and Boaz, but here is my story. As most of you that follow my journey know I too lost someone very near and dear to me, my friend taught me a valuable lesson in life which is the key to forgiveness. I wanted to be committed to my friend; I just thought timing wasn’t on my side. It was a tough time for me; although I surrounded myself around positive people who loved the Lord as much as I do. During my grieving moment, I asked “so God does this mean I will never get married?” I knew God word says “For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end—it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay (Habakkuk 2:3) “.

During the past six months of my life; I was praying and asking God to connect me to the heart that is meant to love me. I still tried to do things my way; which resulted in disappointment after disappointment. I decided to make a self- vow after I forgave my father. I vowed that I was not giving my time to emotionally unavailable men or people. I found myself fully committed to God; I was reminded why I chose patience over not settling, I know the word of God says “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.

For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened (Matthew 7-7:8).”  The devil tried it, he lied and said I was lonely and I will be single forever .Waiting and being patient can be difficult; due to today’s society we are living in. The I want it (NOW) society. I was reminded that I serve the most high God and my faith lies within Jesus Christ. Women of substance, I’m here to tell you; hold fast because God answers our prayers; he gives us three answers NO, NOT YET, or I HAVE SOMETHING BETTER FOR YOU. Waiting during the difficult times develops our relationship with God. “One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin (Proverbs 18:24).” When we wait during the hard times, just know that God is right in the trenches with us waiting. Delay Doesn’t Mean Denial

 My modern day Boaz has been here all along, he has been present in my life during the most difficult times of my life. Although I placed him in the friend zone he never placed limits on our friendship or pressured me into anything that was unwarranted. He was there to pray for me when I couldn’t pray for myself, a shoulder to cry on when there was no one else around to listen, and most of all he respects me.  He reminds me daily why he chose me, he states how he’s intrigued by my strength, my heart, and most of all… my faith in God.  Although he and I are from two different cultural backgrounds, he accepts me for me no matter what my past looks like; he accepts my bruised heart , my flaws, but most of all he loves me for me . I submitted all my burdens to God and became vulnerable with him. Once I did that God shift the atmosphere and revealed to me my future husband. Love is an action; it’s not what’s perpetuated in the media. My help mate understands that “Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, and it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres (1 Corinthians 13:4-8). read here

We are preparing to form a union and change my last name and become one . “The nations shall see your righteousness, and all the kings your glory, and you shall be called by a new name that the mouth of the LORD will give (Isaiah 62:2  )”. “House and wealth are inherited from fathers, but a prudent wife is from the Lord (Proverbs 19:14)”. So to my virtuous single praying women just know “ Delay Doesn’t Mean Denial ”. God’s words are true . Keep God first and you will never be last.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...