Monday 12 October 2015

THERE IS FORGIVENESS FOR YOU

If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8-9
'There are millions of people on this planet who think that because, in their own opinion, they are basically good, they have no need for a saviour or for forgiveness of sins.
Such people never reach out to receive God's offer of forgiveness because they are unable to bring themselves to acknowledge their own sinfulness. "
After all," they will say, "I've never killed anybody. I do my job, pay my bills, try to help my fellow man, and I'm a productive member of society. At least I'm not a thief or prostitute."
They say this, but they don't see how their lives are filled with bitterness, or envy, or gossip, or resentment, or self-righteousness, or pride, or hate, or jealousy-they don't see how sin has corrupted them and driven a wedge between themselves and a holy God.
As a result they go through life thinking, 'I'm not that bad; in fact, I'm better than most'. God's forgiveness is not based on how much we deserve forgiveness. It is based on His grace and our willingness to ask for forgiveness. Do you want to be forgiven?
Then go to God, in sincerity, asking to be forgiven of your sins. If you ask Him to forgive you, He will do just that for you.
Receiving forgiveness is an act of faith. You don't wait for a feeling to confirm it; you ask for it and by faith you accept it.
Trust God to keep His promise. He is faithful and just to forgive you and cleanse you from all unrighteousness.

Prayer: Have mercy on me O Lord and cleanse away my sins.
Scriptural Reading: 1 John 1:1-10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...