Tuesday 12 January 2016

Just speak NOW for thy Lord heareth

Some time ago, at about 2am, I suddenly woke up from sleep to an irritating sound. It was coming from somewhere near my bed and it was grating my nerves. I was almost sure it was a roach, scratching at some surface CONTINUOUSLY - Oh Lord, can't take it no more!
I wasn't interested in 'sniffing out' the roach and snuffing out its life, yet, I knew I could not stand the irritating sound it was making. And then, in a flash, I remembered church service the previous Sunday and the message that came from the pulpit. Pastor told us to DELIBERATELY SPEAK what we desire to see fulfilled in our lives in the new year. He told us to follow in the Master's steps and speak to things - animate or inanimate (e.g. Jesus spoke to the fig tree; He spoke to the storm too). He said the instruction is, "WHOSOEVER shall SPEAK to WHATSOEVER..."
So I decided to speak to the irritating roach. I turned to the angle where the sound was coming from and told the roach to be silent. I went to ease myself and came back to bed. Behold, there was silence, absolute silence! The grating noise stopped and I heard it no more.......
See, friends, words have tremendous power, there's no disputing that. The whole universe was created by words. When words are spoken, spiritual forces are released to take control of the physical by the power of/in the word. I bring you the same message I received: What do you want to see in 2016? What do you want to see even NOW? Start speaking and be deliberate about your choice of words.
"For assuredly, I say to you, whoever SAYS to this mountain, ‘Be removed and be cast into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart, but believes that those things he says will be done, he will have whatever he says." Mark 11:23 (NKJV-emphasis mine)
"Then God SAID, “Let there be light”; and there was light." Genesis 1:3 (NKJV-emphasis mine)
"Death and life are in the power of the tongue, And those who love it will eat its fruit." Proverbs 18:21 (NKJV)
"(as it is written, “I have made you a father of many nations”) in the presence of Him whom he believed—God, who gives life to the dead and CALLS THOSE THINGS WHICH DO NOT EXIST AS THOUGH THEY DID..." Romans 4:17 (NKJV-emphasis mine)
"So will the words that come out of my mouth not come back empty-handed. They’ll do the work I sent them to do, they’ll complete the assignment I gave them." Isaiah 55:11 (MSG) - You share the nature of God, so you can speak as He does.
"Speak NOW for thy Lord heareth!"
by Sis Ayotunde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...