Thursday 10 March 2016

Trusting God With Your Prayers wow

Quite recently, I found myself thinking about what else I could do to try and speed up the answers to some prayers of mine. I thought of fasting more, maybe a prayer vigil, praise God more, perhaps sow a big seed at church etc.
If you notice, none of the things mentioned in my list is wrong. For example, we should praise God often and we should be aiming to fast, pray, and give as much as we are able to. But the error is in thinking that by doing more of these things, I might be able to get God to move quicker. I had to check my motives. 
It shall come to pass that before they call, I will answer and while they are still speaking, I will hear?” As most dog owners would know, a treat is a big deal to dogs. You could almost say treats are to dogs what blessings and breakthroughs are to humans. My dog, Picasso always wants a treat and I look for opportunities during the day to give them to him. Usually treats are for training or reward, but there are times when I just want to spoil him. To test his level of obedience, I may ask him to do something i.e. fetch a ball or sit. I set him up in order to bless him with a treat.
What I’ve noticed though, is that whenever Picasso needs to be taken out or is hungry, he will come close to me and start lifting up a paw, sitting or doing some of the other commands we normally give him without being asked. He’s hoping that by showing obedience, I will be more likely to heed to his request. What he doesn’t realize in his dog mind though, is that I’m fully aware of his needs and would do those things anyway.
I realized that just like the dog, I was trying to get on God’s good books so He could perhaps answer my prayers much more quicker. The Holy Spirit said to me that this is not an attitude of trust. 
Meanwhile, God knows our needs. He even knows our desires for some things which we don’t need.
He may sometimes ask us to do certain things to bring us into alignment with our desires. 
He may delay answers to some prayers for the sole reason of preparing us.
He may be using this time as a way to increase our level of trust.
It’s not by our own good works that we get the father to answer our prayers. So no matter what your needs are, rest assured, knowing that God will meet all your needs. He is able and He is not deaf to your prayers. You don’t need to try and win His love or favor. It’s unmerited.
And my God will supply all your needs according to His riches in glory in Christ Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...