Monday 18 April 2016

3 BIBLICAL TRUTHS YOU SHOULD KEEP CLOSE DURING HARD TIMES

It’s been more than a year since the day when my mother was diagnosed with cancer. It’s been more than a year of doctor visits, treatments, and paying hospital bills. Despite all these pains and struggles, I also realize that it’s been more so God’s overflowing provision, grace, love, and faithfulness to my mom and our entire family.
Sometimes, when we’re in the heat of trials, it’s extremely difficult to see the hand of God in our lives. It’s tougher to believe that He even cares about what we’re going through. It’s a challenge to hold on to His promises to deliver and rescue.I know this very well. I’ve felt this way again and again as I was attending to all of my mother’s needs and trying to figure out how in the world will we be able to pay the staggering medical bills. But looking back to the past 14 months, I realize God has been with us every step of the way (and He still is with us today and in the days to come).
I don’t know what you’re going through today. For all I know, it may even be worse than cancer. Despite how grave the situation can be, let me tell you three reasons you should place your hope in our Lord Jesus Christ.1. He has overcome the world.
I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16:33)
As believers and followers of Jesus Christ, He has set our expectations about how our life in this world will be like. He didn’t promise us a life free from problems and sorrows. He clearly stated that we will have trouble for as long as we live in this fallen world. But despite that, He has overcome all of our troubles, tears, failures, fears, heartaches, pain, burdens, and shame. Thus, we have overcome them too.
2. He left us His peace.
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. (John 14:27)
Before Jesus died on the cross in our place, He left us His peace. Since He lived in this world as a man and was tempted as a man too, He very well knew how difficult it was to live with temptation surrounding us. He can sympathize with us because He was once in our shoes. He knew how much we needed His peace so He gave it to us even before we asked for it. What a mighty God, right? 
3. He sent us the Helper.
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another advocate to help you and be with you forever.  (John 14:16)
Jesus knew the troubles of this world would be too much for us to bear, so He sent the Holy Spirit to dwell in us and be with us. The Holy Spirit, the Comforter, will teach us all things (John 14:26). This assures us of wisdom from above even in the midst of trying times. Jesus will direct us the way we should go so we will never be lost, if we’ll only heed His voice.
 Christ didn’t only die for us. He also rose from the dead after three days. And for that, no matter how impossible our situation is, we should take heart. We should always place our hope in Christ. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...